Content

Bug #883

Autoconfigure APN settings not pulling info for some MVNOs

Added by Alan Morford over 4 years ago. Updated about 3 years ago.

Status:Feedback Start date:04/02/2015
Priority:Normal Due date:
Assignee:- % Done:

0% Total progress

Category:System Services
Target version:Later

Description

Basically the problem with auto provisioning you have always is the points which you're using as indicator. If they are not accurate and the database behind the service isn't too you don't have any chance. So lets look at what we have here:

Mar 31 09:27:08 mako ofonod1406: Provisioning for MCC 310, MNC 410, SPN '(null)'
Mar 31 09:27:08 mako ofonod1406: Found 6 APs in MBPI Mar 31 09:27:08 mako ofonod1406: Provisioning 2 APs Mar 31 09:27:08 mako ofonod1406: Name: 'MEdia Net (phones)'
Mar 31 09:27:08 mako ofonod1406: APN: 'wap.cingular'
Mar 31 09:27:08 mako ofonod1406: Type: OFONO_GPRS_CONTEXT_TYPE_INTERNET Mar 31 09:27:08 mako ofonod1406: Username: '(null)'
Mar 31 09:27:08 mako ofonod1406: Password: '(null)'
Mar 31 09:27:08 mako ofonod1406: Name: 'AT&T MMS'
Mar 31 09:27:08 mako ofonod1406: APN: 'wap.cingular'
Mar 31 09:27:08 mako ofonod1406: Type: OFONO_GPRS_CONTEXT_TYPE_MMS Mar 31 09:27:08 mako ofonod1406: Username: ''
Mar 31 09:27:08 mako ofonod1406: Password: 'CINGULAR1'

As the only two things we have to indicate which settings we have to use are MCC and MNC and that will default to the ATT one. As there is no SPN set (or we have a bug that we can't read the SPN correctly) there is no further chance to figure out the real setings. Let me see if I find anything which might cause the SPN not being read but if there is simply no SPN set we don't have a real chance to do anything other then leaving it up to the user to configure the right APN settings.

Symptom is appearing and disappearing cell signal. See video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M2P0kkO60s


Issue Hierarchy ()

History

Updated by Herman van Hazendonk over 4 years ago

  • Target version changed from Bombon to Cubano

Updated by Herman van Hazendonk about 4 years ago

  • Target version changed from Cubano to Crema

Updated by Herman van Hazendonk about 4 years ago

  • Target version changed from Crema to Later

Updated by Herman van Hazendonk over 3 years ago

  • Target version changed from Later to Coffee Milk
  • Status changed from New to Feedback

Would be good if you could retest with the latest release to see if this was solved. We've updated the whole oFono, ConnMan connection stack. The Jolla/Ubuntu/Tizen guys fixed quite some issues in the past releases, so this might have just disappeared.

Updated by Matt Williams over 3 years ago

No change on Feb stable. Calls and sms work, but no apn for ST so no data.

Updated by Herman van Hazendonk over 3 years ago

  • Target version changed from Coffee Milk to Mocha

Updated by Herman van Hazendonk over 3 years ago

  • Target version changed from Mocha to Tobio

Updated by Herman van Hazendonk over 3 years ago

Manual APN setting and testing used the following code in legacy 3.0.5:

https://bpaste.net/show/55c02c383368

Updated by Herman van Hazendonk over 3 years ago

See if we can add manual APN setup in Settings and somehow use this in ConnMan/oFono.

Updated by Herman van Hazendonk about 3 years ago

  • Target version changed from Tobio to Later

Also available in: Atom PDF